Thursday 31 May 2012

They'll Make A Fine Edition To My Collection

In the name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalamualaikum, peeps!!

For the last couple of days I've been listening to this incredible violinist.  She was a contestant in America's Got Talent.  She plays the violin, dances, does her own music and also some covers of some songs and soundtracks (And personally, I think she's hot XD )



*Jumps around in the living room, excited*

Hehe..Sorry about that.  Thanks to Maryam 'Aqilah, a good friend of mine, who introduced me to Lindsey.  We were skype-ing and she told me to check out this Epic Violin Girl on YouTube.....


So I did.  And at first I was like "she's great."  But I usually listen to songs that have a good head-banging choreography.  I'm more of a rock band kind of fan you know?  We The Kings, All Time Low and Mayday Parade etc.

Buuuut...I was actually intrigued by the way she dances and the way she plays the violin.  I usually hear those slow orchestra music on the violin but Ms. Stirling here mix it up a bit.

During her high school years, she sent a video to the Ellen DeGeneres show and told them that she'd like to play on the show.  The producers called her back and told her to learn some hip-hop moves.  In 2010, a producer from the reality show America's Got Talent invited her to become a contestant and so she did and she got into the 'Judges' Favourites' group.  She got into the top 48 but didn't pass after that stage of the competition.

Under the name "Lindseystomp" in reference to her first band name "Stomp On Melvin", she posted some videos on YouTube.  Her 1st was a live performance called "Violin Rock".  She gained popularity after America's Got Talent and had numerous songs, original compositions and also song covers.

My personal favourites are 'Spontaneous Me', 'Transcendence' and 'Crystallize'.  But hey, you guys might have your own opinions right?  So check out her YouTube channel right here.

You guys can also check out and like her Facebook page here and follow her on Twitter right here.  Trust me.  Even for a guy like me who loves rock music could actually fall in love with her music, you guys won't be disappointed.

;-)

See you guys on the flip side!!


P.S : Just bought the bag for my racquet and tennis gear.  Am I Pumped?  Hell Yeah!!  XD

5 comments:

Dayang Deno said...

choki!!! bila baca post ni deno teringat kumpulan The Corrs.. kenal tak? yg group die main biola jugak... best! :)

Choki said...

@deno : Ingat3..Diorg adik beradik rasanya kn? Hehe..

EruzuLiyana said...

comel je budak pegang biola tuh. rasa nak buat adik angkat haha

D said...

jelous dengan org yg pandai main violin okayyy!
wa tak pandaii puungg main alat musicccc.so sadd

CikTeddyCorner said...

hoyeah good suggestion! cik mmg suke dgr org main biola..wee ^^

lame x singgah choki..cik bru nk update..hehe