Wednesday 15 February 2012

Close Shave

Assalamualaikum, y'all!!

A little rant on the blog before my E.F.A.S (English For Academic Studies) class at 11.  As some of you may know, I'm wearing braces.  At about 11 something tomorrow morning marks the anniversary of my braces-wearing.  Hehe... ;-)

Anyway, I logged in to my Facebook account and I saw the "Islam Itu Indah" group posting something on braces.  It was their update about the hukum of wearing braces.  They put a hadith there.  It said....

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said :

"Allah S.W.T despises women who make tattoos and women who have tattoos, women who pull of their facial hair and women who have done it and women who spread the gap between their teeth and that to other women, changing what Allah has created."
(Shahih Muslim #3966)

I'm not sure about the accurate words but I just translated it from the website.  I'm sure men are also forbidden to have tattoos by the way.

At the end of reading that hadith, I was like, "Alamak!  Is it haram to wear braces?".  Then there was an explanation on the hadith.  It said that "Spreading gaps between their teeth" means doing something to your teeth to "beautify" yourself.  Therefore, it IS haram.  However, if it is for treatment or medication, then it is not considered so and Allah is All-Knowing.

Braces are used to fix teeth as in the position of the teeth and for treatment.  So it's not categorised as haram like what is stated in the hadith.

So after reading that, I was like, "Damn that just made me quench up my butt hole!".  Sorry for the gross analogy but that was how I felt *shrugs*

I'm wearing braces because my teeth before this was a nightmare for dentists.  Trust me.  I took some shots before I wore them and I compared it to now.  My teeth are much better looking now Alhamdulillah.  But I think I had a nightmare about me being chased by my "old teeth".  I had none in my mouth in the nightmare.  It was chasing me and was trying to bite my head off..AND MORE.  I'd love to post some pictures of me before wearing braces.  But then again, I wouldn't want any of you to endure the same nightmare as I did.

T___T"

I've been telling people this.  I'll be in the next Mission Impossible movie replacing Tom Cruise after I take these braces off.  Haha!!


Well.  I guess that's it then.

See you guys on the flip side!!

P/S : I wonder if donkeys ever need braces.  Hmmmmm....




NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  XD

13 comments:

Bo the Nerd said...

Abang cik might need to wear them. His teeth are like hee haww..

CikTeddyCorner said...

kalo rase diri terhina sngt sbb gigi x lawa,blh je nk pkai.. ^_^

Liselle MonCherie said...

LOL,Alhamdulillah that your teeth is better looking now.
When I was young,I wanted to wear braces,but the Toy Story kid who's the villain Sid showed that braces wearers are evil.
So I don't want to be like him *it was a silly assumption*.
Do you know that Tom Cruise's teeth are horrible before he went to the Dentist to fix his teeth?
Check this out
http://dcdentistoffice.com/smile-magazine/_images/tom-cruise-teeth.png

Choki said...

Haha..So true XD

Choki said...

Boleh tu mmg la boleh..Masalahnya duit je la..Susah skit >_<"

Choki said...

Hahah..Oh yeah! Sid!! Haha..I know that Tom Cruise had bad teeth.That's why I'll be replacing him for MI5 ;-)

me said...

hey choki.malu sebanarnya ni. tapi nak tanya jugak. akak tak nak sesat jalan.aha."Always see the glass as half full.Never half empty."..apa mksdnya?haha.my english is so terrible.smile!

Dayang Deno said...

emm.. deno rasa kalau buat braces dengan niat betul ia tak salah .. kalau choki tak buat braces dan ia mendatangkan masalah pd choki, ia memang perlu dibuat.. :)

Dayang Deno said...

p/s: the donkey make me laugh!!! hahahahaha :p

Zehan Ilyana said...

ouh akak dulu pernah juga baca mengenai masalah braces ni..
dont worry, ianya tak haram.
ianya jatuh pada hukum harus.
kalau tak berapa teruk, better tak pakai.
tapi, kalau jadi nightmare, lebih baik pakai. sebab boleh menjadikan seseorang tu low self esteem..
sebab kedudukan gigi juga ada kaitan dengan masalah kesihatan juga masalah psychology...:)
dont worry, Islam itu memudahkan..:)

so, just be happy with ur braces, ada lagi few months kan..:D

Choki said...

Heeeee..Thanx Kak M!! Hehe.. :-D

Choki said...

Kaaaaaan???!!!! Hahaha XD

Choki said...

It means seeing things in an optimistic way rather than the pessimistic way,the opposite..Hehe..X pe.English can be practiced.Practice makes perfect :-D