Friday 25 May 2012

Oh Well, Oh Well

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalamualaikum, everybody!!

You know, I've been listening to this song lately.  It's a Mayday Parade song and it's taken from their latest album which is self-titled.....


It's been a while since I heard their songs.  They're a great band with awesome music.  Reading the amazing lyrics is one thing but when they put it in a song it's just bliss.  To me, they can really blend meaningful lyrics with rock.

Here's one of their songs and one of my favourites so far, "Oh Well, Oh Well"

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

When you're alone, do you think of me?
And my diamond ring's thrown out to sea.
And when you love, do you love for me?
Like harmony, a never ending dream.

Oh well, oh well.  I still hope for the best.
Say goodbye and send me off with a kiss farewell.
And i promise I'll be just as strong as I can be.
Maybe you could get some sleep tonight.

So here's your song.  It's twisting me.
I'd give anything to make you scream.
And I'll juts smile and make believe I don't feel a thing.
That doesn't work for me.

Oh well, oh well.  Guess I'll see you in hell.
There's a pretty little picture that's in my head.
And I'm starting to dream, changing colours while I sleep.
Maybe I'm just wasting time.

Sit still and listen to our soundtrack (Our soundtrack)
I'll tell you how I took one straight to the heart,
And it's not easy to talk about (Don't talk about)
So we all scream loud.

And that was it.
I had made it clean just across the street in my new wings.
So I'll just fly and hope that I remember the good times (The good times)
When it's done.

Oh well, oh well.  I can't live with myself
As I'm climbing through your window to get to your bed.
And I'll be what you need,
You can call me anything.
Just as long as we're still friends.

Sit still and listen to the soundtrack (Our soundtrack)
I'll tell you how I took one straight to the heart,
And it's not easy to talk about (Don't talk about)
So we all sing

Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh ohh-oh.

When she smiles, well it's got nothing to do with me.
I'm not the one who sings her to sleep.
And I've been talking to God asking for just a little help with you but it's hopeless.

It's not the first time but this one really carved it in.
Tell your new friends that they don't know you like I do.
It's over.  I wanna see you again.  I wanna feel it again.

Ohh, it's not the first time.  But this one really carved it in.
Tell your new friends that no one knows you like I do.
It's over.  I wanna see you again.  I wanna feel it again.

I'll keep you warm, safe in my arms.  'Till heaven calls, keep holding on.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Well that's the song.  Awesome tunes.  Click on the link up there to see the video (director's cut) and here for the acoustic version.  By the way, this song is by Mayday Parade and I do not own the lyrics

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S : The term 'talking to God' means praying while the term 'hopeless' means that the girl doesn't wish to compromise with the guyNo religious conflicts whatsoever in the song.

1 comment:

D said...

this songs shake my soul~~
sambil teringat lagu banana.
ehh. lari topic ke ? =p

haha~