Friday 18 May 2012

French + Dutch = Frutch (Part 1)

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalamualaikum, everyone!!

Well, sorry it took me long to update.  I wanted to update earlier but I had to go out to Central.  Anyway, here's part 1 of the FRUTCH trip.  We took a flight from London to Rotterdam on Friday night and stayed at my dad's cousin's place.  Her apartment was nice.  And her family was great.  Especially the son, Dazryl (4y/o) and Clarissa (1.5 y/o).

After a good night's rest we went to Zaans Schans (Zaans Museum)......


Usually I don't really like going to museums.  Honestly, I get bored easily to those kinds of things.  But I guess I made an exception on this one.  This place showed the history of biscuits and chocolates in Holland.  For biscuits, Verkade is a very famous brand and they're still selling.  It was a family business that grew and grew ever since they started in the late 1800's.  There chocolate looked good too but whenever the people offered, we had to decline cos we weren't sure if they were halal (Syubhah) >_<"  Enough chit chat.  Here are the picts XD


Dazryl playing the interactive game in the museum which had a factory replica
Yours truly at the 'chocolade' factory
An old cash register.  This is how far we've gone.
This would even make Chewbacca jealous XD
From Holland, with love XD

Albert Heijn, Holland's first grocery store :-O
Windmills are a must-see in Holland :-D
Stadion Feijenoord, Feyenoord's Stadium!! XD
Strike a pose :-D
That's it for now.  Part 2 will be Keukenhof.  Trust me, you'd wanna check out that post when I post it.  Especially those who love flowers :-3  Stay tuned!  Hehe..

See you guys on the flip side!!

2 comments:

Amirah Ahmad Zaki said...

yg dlm kotak gmbr 1st tu sume biskut ke? yg bnyk bentuk tu.. besar!

mmg tak sbr tunggu next post ! :D

Choki said...

Ha'ah.Biskut masa zaman2 dulu.Tp ada gak la yg still ada till skrg :-)