Friday 13 April 2012

We're Not So Different You and I

Assalamualaikum, everybody!!

It's 2.45 p.m where I'm writing.  I did my 1st Solat Jumaat in Canary Wharf.  Honestly, it wasn't as grand as I imagined it really.....

:-(

I thought maybe I get to solat in a big grand mosque or something but then ayah and I went to what I think was a multipurpose hall.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't care WHERE it is as long as I get to solat but some people have their own expectations you know?

The prayer hall was filled with foreigners and most of them I think were Indians..Pakis..Banglas..I think there were some Malays also including ayah and me of course.  The khutbah was very short.  I think it was less than 6 or 7 minutes.  And it wasn't in English by the way but we just listened and kept quiet of course.  But I can't help thinking.....

Almost everybody was from a different race but we had only one thing on our minds.  To devote ourselves to Allah S.W.T.  A reminder to myself to everyone.  A hadith to be exact...

The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said that when we recite al-Fatihah during our congregational prayers, we must say 'AMIN' at the end of it.  For when we say it and it coincides with that of the Angels, our past sins will be forgiven..

It was an eye opener for me.  Hope it will stay this way Insya-Allah.

See you guys on the flip side!!

5 comments:

Liselle MonCherie said...

Oh,not many? I thought there are many muslims there

Choki said...

There's a huge population but I think they went to the town to solat at the larger mosques maybe..

Zehan Ilyana said...

but choki dah ada pengalaman solat kat sana...
even tho its not like ur expectation, but at least u have memory and experienced.. thats so valuable tau! :D

Choki said...

I know rite??!!! Haha!! :-D I'll treasure it for sure ;-)

Dayang Deno said...

di mana saja kita berada mesti menunaikan tanggungjawab kita sebagai orang islam... :)