Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Bridge

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Assalamu'alaikum, peeps!!

A tiring day.  Got my pin number to do my MUET.  FINALLY.  I was walking my back home.  The same way I got to BSN,  by the way.  I was walking through the lake and I saw this......


A little half-full bottle of Pepsi Twist.  So I sat down and took a few sips gulps.  So I sat down and marvelled at our deteriorating place called Earth....... (By the way, just kidding.  The Pepsi's mine :-P)



After looking at the seafood restaurant there, I looked again at the bridge.  It's funny how it all seemed so figurative and/or literary......


That little bridge there, it suddenly reminds me of how short this life is.  How this world that we live in is only temporary and the things we do and get here are only supplies for the world Hereafter.  The power and influence that we have, the large amount of money that we get, the ginormous house that we live in.  The college diploma/degree that we get, whether it's overseas or local.

Sometimes we forget what we plan or planned.  And then when we get it, we complain about it and regret it, doing it out of spite, so to speak.  Sorta like you wish to work somewhere.  And when you get that so call dream place to work at, you ended up not liking it and regret it, wishing that you'd be back at the former place that you worked.  Bottom line is........

It's all about the plan.  What do you plan to supply yourself with for our life in Akhirah?

Ok, that's just a reminder to all including myself.  Actually, as I was sitting down at the bench you saw, Farah Huda, an old friend of mine was going to where I went.  She was my classmate during 6th grade in Religious School.  She looked good.  It's been about 2 years since I last saw her.  She's in UKM now but she has an interview coming up in another university to change direction, education-wise.  Long story.  What a small world eh?

;-)

Well, I gotta finish that story.  I'm doing an adaptation of a really short story that I saw on FB.  Tinkering with it a bit.  It's just while I finish chapter 3 of my UK series.  In Sya-Allah I'll finish them soon.  Both of them.

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: "Sometimes we're so consumed of searching for each others' faults that we forget our own."
-Me (Syauqi Kusyairi)-

No comments: