Sunday 12 February 2012

It's A Trap!

Assalamualaikum, y'all!!

I just wanna share some stuff I heard from the sermon I heard last Friday before the Friday Prayers at the mosque near my hostel.  The sermon was about Valentine's Day.

Ok I don't believe in this Valentine's Day.  Celebrating your love to someone else.  You have other ways to do that.  I've never celebrated this day in my life.  Trust me.  I'm a Muslim so of course I don't believe in this.  I didn't sleep through out the sermon but I can't actually remember everything the khatib said...

1) The day is about honoring Saint Valentine.  Apparently he wed young men who were in the army.  At the time, King Claudius II was ruler.  He pointed out that army men should not get married because they are weak.  So secretly, Valentine wed some of the young men with the women that they love.  When the king found out, he caught Valentine and put him in jail.

While waiting for his execution, he fell in love with one of the officers' daughter.  Before he was hung, he wrote a love letter to the woman.  At the bottom, he signed, "From your Valentine."  And so that was where the myth of the 14th February came from I guess at it was on the 14th February.

2) Another thing is at that moment if I'm not mistaken, the Christian army laid siege on Cordoba, Spain which was under Muslim influence.  In the end, Cordoba was conquered by the Christians and fell out of the Muslims' hands.  So technically, those who celebrate Valentine's Day are also celebrating the downfall of Muslims at the time.  How disrespectful can you be?

To all non-Muslim people, I don't think it's a problem for them.  They can celebrate it I guess.  That's their belief.  But for us Muslims, it is...................

HARAM!!!



This statement was given by JAKIM (Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia).  But even if they didn't state it, Allah S.W.T already said about this.  It's not an actual verse by the way.  Just the interpretation I guess.  Any Muslims who celebrates a day that isn't meant to be celebrated by Muslims i.e Christmas,Valentines Day, they are a part of that race.  So this means that if a Muslim celebrate Valentine's Day, then he/she is not a Muslim.  Correct me if I'm wrong but to me that's how it sounds.

This day might lead to unlawful things too.  Like unlawful sex/zina.  Imagine an Islamic organization like JAIS or JAKIM doing a raid and bursting into the room that you and your partner are in.  Won't it be ugly?  (I don't mean YOU the reader.  You should get my point)

Well I'm doing this in advance.  It's not the 14th yet but I'll be going ot UTM soon so I might not get the chance.

See you guys on the flip side!!

P/S :

3 comments: