Sunday 24 June 2012

AHHH!! Brain Freeze!

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalamu'alaikum, peeps!!

What happens when you drink something cold for too long and/or too fast?


Hahaha!!  I'm sure you guys think that everybody has felt brain freeze before.  Au contraire mon ami.  Hehe.  My friend, Q, never felt it before.  My reaction??

O____o"

Since she never felt it, I think it's sort of an obligation for me to make this post.

XD

Ice-cream headache or "brain freeze" (sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia) is a cranial pain or headache you get when you eat or drink cold food too fast.  It occurs when the cold food touches the roof of the mouth (palate), and makes the blood vessels connected from the mouth's roof to the brain to constrict and swell.

This nerve reaction happens in 10 seconds and lasts about 20.  Though, some people have experienced it longer.  It usually hurts at one side of the head but sometimes both sides (two is better than one eh? -__-")

To stop it, of course, you gotta eat whatever cold food you're eating at a slower rate.  Better yet, just stop for a few seconds.

T___T"

When I get a brain freeze, I use to take my dad's hands and put them on my head.  Haha!!  His hands are warm so what better way to defrost a frozen brain right?  Hehe..

Well, I'll be going back to UTMICKL tomorrow afternoon Insya-Allah.  GREAAAAT.

>___<"

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S : I'm sure Q gets the idea of it now.  Q, if vous are reading this, I'm so sure you feel more than curious.  Now go and get your 1st brain freeze!!  XD  Haha!!

2 comments:

StuntWomanWho :) said...

HAHA , " take my dad's hands and put them on my head " so swett :P

Dayang Deno said...

yup! deno pun pernah jadi macam tu.. kalau terlalu sejuk, sampai naik ke kepala... deno shock dlm 10 saat.. sakit kepala sbb sejuk sgt.. kena tekan kepala,,