Monday 31 December 2012

Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Assalamu'alaikum, y'all!!

I might be a bit late to post this but better late than never.  Need I remind my fellow brothers and sisters of Islam that wishing "Merry Christmas" even to non-Muslims is HARAM.  You can deny it all you want and say that "the hadith spreading on9 is false".  But when you actually read books from Muslim scholars and especially The Book (al-Quran), you might wanna retract those statements.

Want proof?

"They say: “(God) Most Gracious has begotten a son!” Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous! At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin, that they should invoke a son for (God) Most Gracious. For it is not consonant with the majesty of (God) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.”

Surah Maryam (19) : Ayat 88



Based on my understanding and reading, Christmas is believed by Christians to be the day that Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa a.s) was born.  "They" in the verse above shows the non-believers saying God has begotten a son.  By wishing Christmas, we acknowledge this belief and therefore we fall in to SYIRIK (Na'udzubillah).

I'm not saying that we Muslims don't believe in Jesus a.s.  Of course we do.  We love him and he is one of the most powerful prophets in Islam.  He will come down on Judgement Day to defeat Dajjal.  But he isn't God and even he says so.  Y'all can read that at your own time ok?

:-)

I think I wanna share what happened to me on Twitter.  It's related to this post....


Normally with that kind of attitude from that girl, I'd 'bash' her on the spot.  I ain't the patient type.  But I'm older even though by 1 year or 2.  So I did my job.  Mind you, I don't wanna make her look bad so I wiped her username and picture......



Just so you know, this also applies to other Christian-related holidays.  And also to saying "R.I.P" when a non-Muslim especially celebrities die.

I'm not trying to be pious.  I don't wear a kopiah everywhere I go.  I'm just your normal undergrad student who enjoys music, sports and just trying to be on the Right Path.

A word of advice: Don't give your opinions unless you have valid sources.  And if it's Islam-related, why would we give our own opinions if Allah has decree His order in The Book?  Sure, there are other Mazhabs but all those are from 2 sources, al-Quran and as-Sunnah.

I hope I don't annoy people with this post.  I just think it's our duty, you know?

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: I'm a bit sceptic on the whole wishing on new year too.  So I just think I'd say may Allah help you in your future and may your future be also helped by your past ;-)

No comments: