Saturday 10 December 2011

No Thanks Necessary, Ma'am

Assalamualaikum, y'all!!

I'm hoooome!! Haha! It's good to be back in Shah Alam.  I know Shah Alam ain't really that far from UTM but hey, it's a benefit for getting a college near your house.  Hehe..  I'm home for some family business though.  So it's a chance I take to see my parents. 

Anyway, this post ain't really about that though.  It's the journey I wanna talk about.....

Yup.  That's right.
I was on my way back to Shah Alam from KL Sentral by KTM.  I had to stand since there were no seats that were unseated (No surprise) So standing next to me was this girl with 2 plastic bags of books from MPH.  One big and one small.  Of course, we had to cling to the steel poles to keep us from falling.  The girl next to me did it too but she had a hard time holding on cos of the books.  I didn't have the guts to offer help cos I was scared that she'd think I'm hitting on her.  But the thing is.....

Every time we hit a station, she looks at me after seeing that there were no seats that were empty.  Then I thought..

"Does she want me to help or what?"

So I sucked it up and asked......

"Uhmmm..Kak, leh saye tolong pegang buku2 tu?"
("Uhmmm..Miss, can I help you with your books there?")

"Boleh jugak.  Terima kasih :-)"
("Sure.  Thanks :-) ")

So I took her big plastic of books.  When she wasn't looking I took a peak into the bag.  Then I saw it.....

These weren't the books by the way.  It's just the subject that's the same
In my head I was like.......

"HOLY CRAP!! o.O"

She was younger than me!!  And I called her "KAK"!!??  (A more polite way to call ladies who are a few years younger than us)  Then I just started small-chatting with her when she smiled at me......

"Form 4 ke?"
("Form 4 huh?")

"Ha'ah.  Tahun depan form 5."
("Uh-huh.  Form 5 next year.")

"Tersilap la plak panggil 'kak' td >_<"
("Looks like I made a mistake calling you 'akak' just now >_<")

"Ha'ah.  Tu yg saye pelik tu."
("Uh-huh.  That was a bit freaky.")

Somehow we started taking for a while when she asked some questions about college.  Just want the younger ones to be better than we are, you know?  I was just being nice and thought I'd lend a hand.  Anyway, I got a good story from this case of "Mistaken Identity".  So to speak..

Well..It's late and I wanna get some Z's

See you guys on the flip side!!

P/S: Courtesy works in many ways ;-)

No comments: