Sunday 10 February 2013

Me? Taking The Big Stage?

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Assalamu'alaikum, ladies and germs!!

Y'all who know me and follow me online (FB, Twitter etc.) should know that I love music and of course I love performing.  Lately I got a chance to perform in a dinner that UTM KL will be holding on Feb 20th.  But first we had to audition first.  So we did....


Me and Lyssa up there auditioned along with Kaysie (the one who took this picture).  Lyssa and I did "Say You Like Me" by We The Kings with me singing lead vocals and lead guitar with Lyssa singing backup.  Kaysie and Lyssa did a medley, mixing Cia and David Guetta's "Titanium" and Bruno Mars's "Talking To The Moon".

The judges came by late so we had to perform first.  Everything went alright.  But then the judges (who are the fellos/wardens of the hostel) just came and thought that it was ok to be "fashionably" late and told us to audition again.  The 2nd time around, the amplifier got busted and the mic didn't work.  So of course, the 3 of us weren't chosen.  Punctuality is always a problem among us Malaysians, don't you think?

Oh well, people are different.  I DID get a chance to perform to about 20 people in that little cinema room.  Maybe I'll just make guitar covers and stuff with my friends in college, see how many hits I'll get.  Haha!!

In other news, tonight's the Man United vs Everton match.  At midnight and I'll be cheering on the Red Devils.  I often do commentary on twitter like goals, near misses and stuff like that.  You guys can follow me on Twitter @syauqistump1810.  Hehe...

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: Those bloody neighbours/posers lost 3-1 against Southampton at the Stadium of Light.  Another proof that Manchester is RED.  

No comments: