Thursday 15 February 2018

NZ Road Trip: Auckland Part 2 and Homecoming

In the name of Allah. The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Assalamu'alaikum, everyone!

"Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory."
~ Dr. Seuss ~

Alright, you guys. This is the last post of the NZ trip and it's basically the trip back home.

Our road back home actually took us one whole day. Our flight was from Auckland and if you've been following my posts, we were in Christchurch. Our flight to Auckland was really early in the morning. Like.. SUBUH early. We had to pray at the airport. So waking up at 4 a.m, we caught a cab to the airport, waited for about an hour and flew back to Auckland.

Got a few pics from the plane and in these ones, I have one of my favourites....



Love this picture!



It was good to be back....in Auckland. Hehe..

We gave our rental car that we used earlier in this roadtrip back the Apex car rental branch in Christchurch. You see, we arrived at Auckland at around 8 a.m. Our flight to Malaysia was 8.30 p.m. So we had 12 hours to kill and we need a way to get around. So we had to rent another car. And that we did.

I'm not gonna lie. I didn't take that many pictures on our last day. I just wanted to soak in the surroundings, the views, the weather...NZ basically.




We took a drive through the town center and after a while we got hungry. Sure enough, there was a kebab place nearby and we got 4 kebabs and went back to Cornwall Park, one of the first places that we went after we arrived in New Zealand. As I mentioned before, I just soaked everything in. Even at Christchurch airport, I started doing that. Just standing outside with my brother outside the airport, basking in the cold while waiting for Subuh. Looking at all the Mat Saleh and Maori people.

I loved New Zealand but Malaysia was calling.



New Zealand, to me, is one of the most beautiful places in the world. If you're a city boy or city slicker like me, this country will make you fall in love with the great outdoors. Regardless of the season that you go which in my case was spring, you'll just love it. Trust me. Between the buildings and busy streets of Auckland and Christchurch and the countless number of scenic views all over the country, you'll have plenty of things to see. Not to mention the things that I wasn't able to do that is both amazing and so much fun. Like taking the Milford Sound Cruise, bungy jumping at the Kawarau Bridge, going downhill by luge. I was very fortunate to go to NZ with my family with the limited budget that we had. So if you have many to splurge and you wanna travel overseas and have an adventure, I recommend you some to New Zealand.

I don't know about other people but I never had the chance to feel cold weather when I was little like my parents and brothers did before I was born. So whenever I get the chance, I just jump on it. Know what I mean? Rezeki jangan ditolak eh?

Anyway, this is my last post for this thread of my NZ roadtrip last year. You can read my whole roadtrip from the start by clicking THIS.

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: It just dawned on me that I need to bulk up to have a little bit more freedom.