Sunday 5 July 2015

Bedshaped

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Assalamu'alaikum and hi, everyone!!

Happy Ramadhan Mubarak, y'all! Alhamdulillah, another of fasting in this blessed month.

Wow.  It's been almost 6 months since I last updated.  It was a matter of priorities.  It just hit me that degree-level engineering is way tougher.  And also the fact that someone told me to cut down on blogging.  A lot has happened. A LOT..

I think I'll share the worst since my last post.......



On the last week before my finals, I got sick.  At first, I thought, "Meh.  Tak de pape la ni.  Nanti ok la ni.".  And you know what? It wasn't.

Turned out to be a case of suspected dengue.  I guess it should've been obvious though.  I had splitting headaches, abdominal pains, fluctuating body temperature, numb hands.  The works.

Went to the campus clinic and did a blood test and the doc said my platelet and white blood cell count were low.  Sure enough, I got 2 bottles of IV drips going through me.  I got home that day and went to DEMC the next day and did another blood test.  At that time, I felt a lot better.  And you know what? Things got a bit weird.

My platelet count was even lower than the one I did at the campus clinic.  100 something to 70+.  Even the doctor didn't know what was going on.  He even told me to see him again after my finals to see "what's wrong with me".  You see, it's sort of a given to be admitted when it's below 100.  But I got my first final exam paper the next day.  I was persistent.



This was after I got back to UTM.  The amount of comments and well wishes I had was overwhelming considering I rarely get comments/likes/shares from anybody.

I tried studying for the 1st paper.  TRIED.  Then it just occurred to me.......



I always thought of pursuing my studies.  Namely after degree, I wanna do my masters overseas.  But after what happened, I just thought, "I wanna do more.  Not gonna waste my time on this.".  I'm not saying I wanna get wild and party all the time.  I wanna travel the world, meet interesting and fun people.  I've done a little bit of the latter but more on that in another post

;-)

Anyway, I'm on my semester break till September 6th.  Productivity ain't my strong suit but it won''t hurt to try.

Btw, Happy Ramadhan Mubarak to everybody who's fasting. Have a good one!

See you guys on the flips side!!

P.S:  I wanted to update for a while now but a little birdie flew into my house and nagged me to do it

No comments: