Tuesday 28 July 2015

Treading Lightly

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Assalamu'alaikum, everybody

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfiltri Maaf Zahir dan Batin to everyone all over the world.  Hope your celebrations are more awesome than mine.  Haha! I guess I'm too tired to do much and go places that are too far nowadays.

Notice that my Salaam up there has no exclamation mark(s).  There are times when I can jump up and down and crack lame jokes.  There are some times that I wanna scream my head off.  Right now, I'm sort of in between.

Yayasan Pelajaran MARA recently posted an ad for their scholarship program here.  For those who want to continue their studies as a postgraduate, I recommend you check out the link.

Dear parents,

Bear in mind that your children love you very much. We will always ask for your opinion and constantly bug you for advice.  But with all due respect, there are things that we wish to do our own way.  It's like us wanting to play football but you insist on us playing basketball. It's like some kid who aspires to study in the UK but he/she is being told to study in some other country that barely speaks a word of English.  Learning another language to just study in said country is hard as it is and maybe the kid thinks it's a waste of time. And his/her parents insistence on the phrase "You haven't tried, you wouldn't know".


I may not be old enough but I'm not THAT young either. I have to make my own decisions on certain occasions, don't I? (or rather 'can I?').  Granted, I may need some help but after the past year or so, my intentions are pretty clear to those who are close to me.  My wish is that the people around me support it.

To be honest though, what I'm doing here, right now writing this post, is like the equivalent why students copy during their tests/exams.  Afraid to fail and get yelled at.  So I'll just leave it a that I guess.



I wish it's that easy.

See you guys on the flip side

P.S: I'll probably be in hot water for this

No comments: