Tuesday 24 July 2018

Make the Time

In the name of Allah. The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Assalamu'alaikum, everybody!

"There's no such thing as 'too busy'. If you don't have the time for friends and/or family, MAKE IT."
~ Anonymous ~

I'm gonna have to do this more often. I doubt I'll be writing more posts in the future but considering the equipment for my research will take some time to get to Malaysia, might as well keep writing.

I'll be honest, I DID plan on writing something here a few hours ago but I didn't have a clue to what I wanted to write about. You see, that's my dilemma most of the time: I either have NOTHING to write or I have too MUCH things to write that I ended up not choosing and not writing. But lo and behold, a friend of mine online wrote something.

She asked where she can get words of comfort. Now, most of the time we turn to family, no? I mean, come on. I do that myself sometimes but there are things that your family will NOT understand no matter how many times they say so. Naturally, you seek out your friends. You'll definitely find you're go-to guy/girl. God knows I have that one friend. We've been friends for almost 15 years now and I like to think we're doing alright. When you have that one person that knows what makes you tick and how twisted your sense of humor is but STILL hangs out with you, hold on to 'em! He/she might be the only human helping you keep your sanity.

Shout out to my brotha from anotha motha! You know who you are, bruh

Now back to my friend online earlier, I told her to maybe try and reach out to someone. She said that she did but it sorta fell on deaf ears. This irks the hell out of me. Is it THAT hard to be nice?

Being busy is understandable. We all have our crap-load of work to do but there is no such thing as being "too busy". Just don't...


Unless you're in a family matter, your boyfriend/girlfriend can wait, your game can wait, your goldfish can wait. You have a friend in need, you help 'em out even if all you have to do is say a few words of encouragement or listen to your buddy vent or rant. It's not friggin' rocket science.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but have you noticed the sudden increase of suicides over the years? Most of the time we read it on the internet. It's really heartbreaking. I can't help but think that some of them are people who don't know who to turn to. Worse yet, they reached out to someone but they just shrugged them off. That mentally and emotionally mess you up, man. Imagine being forced to go through something you don't wanna do. In this, trust me, you wouldn't want that. I should know.


So anyway, my friend said she'll deal with it in her own way. Hey, when I'm upset, I eat. Haha!! People have their own way to deal things. For some, it's sleeping. Others, it's food. Communication, man. It's important.

I have this one post I desperately wanna write about but it has to wait. More or less a year. Till then, I'm gonna enjoy what life's gonna throw at me.

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: Hope you got those comforting words you wanted no matter where it came from