Wednesday 24 January 2018

NZ Road Trip: Taylorville

In the name of Allah. The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Assalamu'alaikum, everyone!!

"Whenever my head starts to hurt
Before it goes from bad to feeling worse
I turn my off my phone
And get down low
And put my hands in the dirt"
~ Jason Mraz (Back to the Earth) ~


Over 2 months. 2 MONTHS! I KNOW! Been EXTREMELY busy with my studies and research starting from my last post which was the middle of the semester till now. I may have finished the 2 subjects I had to take but my research, mind you, is not going that well.



On that happy note, here's next on my NZ road trip last year!

In my last post, I mentioned that we spent the night at Nelson after taking the Interislander ferry from NZ's north island to the south island. We got upgraded to what I think a family suite because the place could easily fit 8-10 people. That morning, we were gonna travel from Nelson to Taylorville. After breakfast, of course we had to take a few pictures. Haha!!






In my defense for that last photo, those oranges looked good.

Anyway, we were on an estimated 5-hour trip and I can't help it. I just took photos of all the green I can see. And remember those scenic points I told you guys about? Yeah, we stopped by one of those too.





Then we stumbled on this place with just an AMAZING view. Just too bad I can't quite remember where it exactly was though.









Few hours later we saw the bridge that we had to cross to reach Taylorville, Greymouth.



We reached our Air BnB and it was quite the change of taste. It's like one of those little cabins you'd rent to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.




We did our Zuhur and Asar (since we weren't in one place for more than 3/4 days, we can jamak and qasar) and went right back out to the town center since it was like an hour or two till Maghrib.









Soon after driving around the town center for a bit, we went up somewhere and took some pictures. It was just an amazing spot.






I may have said this previously but guys, if you ada rezeki to come to New Zealand especially places which aren't cities, you HAVE to take as many photos as you can. As much as you have to LIVE IT, you HAVE to take photos. Seriously, kalau tak, sangat la rugi.

In Sya-Allah, I'll post the next destination, Franz Josef, as soon as I can since I'm in a bit of a rut in my research.

Here are the links for the previous posts. From what you need and have to do to all the places you could go and can do

http://syauqirambles.blogspot.my/2017/11/nz-road-trip-im-going-on-adventure.html
http://syauqirambles.blogspot.my/2017/11/nz-road-trip-land-ofaucks.html
http://syauqirambles.blogspot.my/2017/11/nz-road-trip-rotorua.html
http://syauqirambles.blogspot.my/2017/11/nz-road-trip-wellington-and.html

See you guys on the flip side!

P.S: Anybody up for a UK trip for spring 2019? Hit me up!