Wednesday 7 January 2015

One Choice Can Transform You

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Assaalamu'alaikum, y'all!!

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Some of you might know this but I haven't posted it here though.  I've been having some phone problems.  My Galaxy Nexus got busted JUST before my convocation last November.  After going to a phone store, apparently my Nexus' motherboard got fried.  Sooooo...

I'm considering buying a new phone.  I do have a few picks but I'm not really sure.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4


Recently released late last year, the Note 4 gets compared to the Nexus 6 which was released more or less at the same time as the Note 4.  To those of you with big hands will find this "phablet" fit like a glove.  It's quite a big phone, 5.7 inches with a 1080p display.  And of course, it's not really the Note without the S-Pen.  There were issues on the Note 3 where the stylus was a bit hard to grip so the designers put some grooves on it to make it less slippery to the hand.

Unlike the Nexus 6, it's released using the Android 4.4 Kit Kat.  However, there is planned upgrade to the 5.0 Lollipop.  The Note 4 uses a 2.7 GHz quad core processor so most of the work done on the phone are quite smooth.  Swiping and app use like gaming and browsing on the internet are near-effortless.  A 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage fit the specs of the phone.  That and a feature of a micro SD up to 128 GB.

I'm not that much of a "camera whore" despite having an Instagram account but if I get this phone for a low price, I might just make an exception. The main camera is a 16 MP camera with really vibrant colours when taken and there also some extra filters and features on the phone.  Aside from the auto-focus, image stabilization and LED flash, selfies will turn our really crisp because the front camera is a 3.7 MP camera.  So yeah..I think I might make an exception to taking pictures.  The battery is a 3220 mAh Li-ion battery and can withstand about a day and a half w/o recharging with moderate to heavy use.

All in all, I think the Note 4 is awesome but since my hands aren't that big so handling it will be quite hard and I might have to use the phone with 2 hands most of the time.

So moving on to another option is the

OnePlus One





The OnePlus One was causing quite a ruccus last year.  People started using it and comparing it to the Apple 5S and the Nexus 5 and also the Galaxy S5.  Quite possibly because it's priced at half of those phones but with the same specs.

Using a 2.5 GHz quad core processor with a 3 GB RAM, it's more or less a smooth sailing process despite the processor is a tad bit lower than the Note 4. I t has 16 and 64 GB of internal memory but last I heard the 64 GB was for the sandstone black and the 16 GB was for the silk white version but that was  a few months ago.  Maybe they put some variety on it?

It's using a custom built OS, Cyanogen, but it's based on the Android Kit Kat 4.4.  A lot of expectations for this OS.  The display is a 5.5 inch screen with 1080p.  The colours especially in pictures look really saturated and vibrant.

Handling it is quite easy considering it's smaller and it's basically "wrapped" with metal.  So you're sort of touching metal.  The power and volume buttons are set quite low on the sides of the phone so the manufacturers/designers of the phone sort of thought of everything.  So this is quite an advantage for me.  Small hands, remember?

The camera has a very low profile as it's not really emphasized by the phone, just a small circle at the top of the phone at the back, right above the dual-LED flash.  The primary camera is a 13 MP version, 3 less than the Note 4 but the front camera is 5 MP, 3 more than the Note 4.  Compensation maybe? Haha!! When using the camera, you can just swipe up or down to change modes.  Night mode, black & white etc. Pretty cool.

It has a 3100 mAh battery which is not removable. The only hing you can remove is the back case where you can change it to another style.  Still wondering if I can make a custom-made version though.

There are other phones to be honest but I was sorta focusing on these 2.  I'm actually leaning on the OnePlus One.  The same specs as a 5S and a Galaxy S5 for just HALF the price??!! You kidding??!!!  Of course, gotta find some 'moolah' to buy it despite being not that expensive.  Still working on it.

For expert reviews on phones, tablets or even phablets, yo guys should look up 'Android Authority' and 'Marques Brownlee' on YouTube.  Their reviews are quite spot on.  Check them out.

;-)

Well, I got a dental appointment in the morning.  Hope I can put up more posts in the next coming days/weeks since I'm not going back for the next semester late next month.

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: I can only be contacted through SMS and calls by phone aside from the internet T____T"

3 comments:

CikTeddyCorner said...

I prefer OnePlus One cos I'm not samsung lover =D

Dayang Deno said...

WOw!! Sis hanya mampu telan ayaqliuq sbb tak mampu.. huhuu..

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

hi...been quite sometimes since i last visit here...

there lots of choices, and sometimes, dun even know which phone suits us best...hehehe...