Wednesday 23 April 2014

Movie Review - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Assalamu'alaikum, everybody!

I'm getting lazier and lazier..And..Lazier.  Needed some rest after the 2014 WTA BMW Malaysia Open finished.  I guess I'm gonna start from BEFORE that.  The tournament was actually from 14th-20th April but we gathered at KSJ on the 7th.  There were qualifying rounds and what not.  But let's save that for later ok?

Before we started with all the heavy lifting (literally), the 6 of us who were taking part as the court services crew, just thought of watching a movie.  Some of us have watched Need For Speed, some watched 300 and some watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  Me? I haven't watched any of them.  So naturally I told them to choose a movie.  The Winter Soldier it was....



Chris Evans reprises his role as Captain Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America.  Along with Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury).  In this movie, the heroes face a somewhat 'sneak attack' from Hydra which included the use of the Captain's friend from the first movie, James Buchanan Barnes a.k.a Bucky as 'The Winter Soldier'.  After his drop from the train in the first movie, he lost his memory and Hydra used him to tear down S.H.I.E.L.D and also kill Fury and the other heroes.  Steve, being the guy that he is, of course tried to save Bucky from being Hydra's puppet.

This movie also introduced Marvel's Sam Wilson / Falcon character, played by Anthony Mackie (Real Steel, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter).  I gotta say though.  His character's kinda cool.  Haha!

The movie's awesome and I really think I'd watch it again if anybody asked.  Out of 10, I'd give this...

an 8/10

Don't ask what happened to the other 2.  Hehe.

Anywho, we had dinner since we watched the 5.30 show.  Here's the UTM representative of the WTA BMWMO2014 court services crew!


From left: Aji, myself, Faris, Ain, Cyda and Salihin




Don't ask what's wrong with us in the last picture.  Needless to say, we're all awkward like that.  Haha!!

Mind you, the 6 of us are part of UTMKL's tennis team and have been playing since we got there.  We still are and going strong! I'm just hoping that since I've finished my diploma, I get to see them again.

:'-(

In Sya-Allah.  Love these guys!!

More to come, In Sya-Allah.  I'll post some picts here when I can later.  I'm telling you, the 2 weeks we spent was exhausting and that's a ginormous understatement.  But hell, it was worth every second of it.

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: Otak dah meracau dah ni.  Sasau.  Ada solution but I don't think they'll like it though O___o"

1 comment:

Lysa said...

I already watched the movie and it was great! :) May I know are you playing tennis or badminton? Seems like you are so active in it..Anyway, all the best in every games that you played :)