Friday 10 November 2017

NZ Road Trip: The Land of...Aucks?

In the name of Allah.

The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Assalamu'alaikum, y'all!!

"Come on. Just imagine going back to nature. Back to your roots. Clean air, wide-open spaces."
~ Marty (Madagascar) ~

I told you I was gonna put up another post, didn't I? Yeah yeah I know it's not actually a day or two. My research got in the way. Anywho.... Right, 1st official day of being in NZ.

AUCKLAND!

I'm not gonna lie, it was cold, man. But then again, it was early spring and JUST after winter. And Malaysia's pretty hot. Literally. So I loved it.

We were all a bit jet lagged. After Subuh, I woke up around 9-ish.





We were pretty much adjusting our body clock. Our place was near the heart of Auckland. Maybe around 20-30 mins from it. After brunch and Zuhur, we went to Cornwall Park. The place was big. People walking around, kids on their tricycles and even families playing rugby.














After the park, we went to Mount Eden. At least we think it's Mt. Eden.




We didn't make it to the top because Ibu got a bit winded. I don't blame her. The path to the top was pretty steep.

It was getting pretty late..And we were hungry. So we went this Turkish kebab place at the city centre. But not before we went to see Sky Tower.





It's a bit tricky to find a halal place to eat. Unless you're cooking la. But if you see a Turkish place, it's probably halal. Most of the halal places put up a sign. I guess if you're coming to NZ, better Google for places to eat.

Later we went to Abg Cik's friend's place at Avondale. His friend married a local there and is staying at Auckland. Pretty nice gig if you ask me though.


Cool family.

Anyway, we had to find a few other places to go see and places to stay at the places that we were gonna go. We went to a lot of places. And this is just Auckland.


Auckland summary:

I'd like to think that Auckland's almost like Shah Alam in a way but not so many tall buildings. We didn't stay that long anyway so we didn't actually have time to explore. Still though, I still think it's a pretty awesome place to be in.

My next post I'll posting something that most NZ-goers would come see. I'll give you a hint....


You guys might not wanna miss this one.

;-)

See you guys on the flip side!!

P.S: Some other opportunities just popped up but I don't wanna jinx it.